Upon learning of Hurricane Sandy’s devastating impact on healthcare services in the Rockaways, Queens—including the forced closure of Peninsula Hospital, the last major hospital in the area—CHA identified a site with easy access to mass transportation and constructed thereon a multi-specialty community-based healthcare project. The building is co-anchored by St. John’s Episcopal Hospital and a new on-site Ambulatory Surgical Center, Rockaways ASC Development.
- Reintroduction of community-based healthcare services
- State-of-the-art Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment
- Dedicated Physician and Patient Parking and Drop-Off Areas
- Easy access to mass-transit options, including the MTA and Rockaway Ferry
- Installation of emergency power generator