Salem County Hospital Corporation, doing business as Salem Medical Center (SMC), acquired the acute care hospital license of the Memorial Hospital of Salem County through a transaction originated by CHA. Lending our healthcare-related financial, operational, and real estate expertise, our business plan enabled us to lease the entirety of the hospital to SMC, a duly-qualified not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity, thereby providing them the opportunity to continue to provide community-based healthcare services within the region without interruption.
- Preservation of community-based healthcare services
- New program development, including Bariatrics, Detox and Behavioral Health
- Multi-million dollar equipment and facility upgrades
- Installation of new computer and electronic medical records systems
- Financial Agreement with the local municipality